top of page
Gold Mass for scientists + friends, Discussion Groups, Panels, and Socials.
- Thu 15 Jun15ThuJunWonder: The Harmony of Faith and Science (online series)/ZoomRSVPMultiple DatesJun 15, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. PDTZoomOnline watch party and discussion of Word on Fire's new series: https://www.wordonfire.org/science/
- Thu 28 Sept28ThuSeptFaith and Science with Ross Hastings/Location is TBDSept 28, 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.Location is TBDCome listen to Regent College professor Ross Hastings on faith and science.
- Summer/fall 2023A Rocha Brooksdale Environmental Centre, 1620 192 St, Surrey, BC V3Z 9V2, CanadaGet your hands dirty planting native trees and shrubs, removing invasive vegetation (such as Himalayan blackberry or English ivy) and much more.
- TBDTBDMentoring Day/UBCFall 2023UBC, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, CanadaSelf-contained mentor-mentee session
- Fall 2023Beaty Biodiversity Museum, UBC, 2212 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, CanadaBoth art and math illuminate and describe our world, and have the power to inspire our imaginations. This installation invites you to let go of preconceptions or classroom experiences about art or math, and to explore with an open mind. Feel free to wander, observe, and enjoy.
Events are partially funded by a generous grant from the
John Templeton Foundation.
- Jun 02, 6:00 p.m. EDT – Jun 04, 2:00 p.m. EDTSeton Hall University, 400 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ 07079, USAThe sixth annual conference of the Society of Catholic Scientists (SCS2023) will be held on June 2-4, 2023 (Friday evening to Sunday early afternoon) on the campus of Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. The university is located on 58 green acres just 14 miles south of New York City.
- DetailsMultiple DatesJun 01, 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. PDTZoom (RSVP for link)Group study of Word on Fire Institute course with Karen Öberg
- May 04, 6:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.GSS Loft (Room 4202), the Nest, UBC, 6133 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1, CanadaDinner + small group discussion led by Dr. Arnold Sikkema on how our academic work fits within Sacred Scripture’s Creation-Fall-Redemption Narrative.
- Apr 05, 4:00 p.m. PDTOnline (Google Meet)A short historical survey of the motivation, development and scope of Catholic health care. Catholic social teaching such as solidarity, the universal destination of goods, and the preferential option for the poor. The connection between monasticism and development of medicines.
- Sun 19 Mar19SunMarAfter Mass hospitality volunteering/St. Mark's Parish UBCMar 19, 11:30 a.m. – Mar 20, 1:30 p.m.St. Mark's Parish UBC, 5935 Iona Dr, Vancouver, BC V6T 2L4, CanadaProvide some care and support for undergraduate students and encourage them with midterms, finals, etc. Chat with other SCS members who will volunteer, or invite a friend to come along and volunteer with you.
- Mar 11, 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.A Rocha Brooksdale Environmental Centre, 1620 192 St, Surrey, BC V3Z 9V2, CanadaVolunteer collaboration with A Rocha's Brooksdale Environmental Centre! Come care for creation as you lend a hand alongside the team in the garden, habitat restoration projects, heritage site and grounds and more.
- Fri 03 Mar03FriMarTheology on Tap/BierCraft - Wesbrook Village (UBC)Mar 03, 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.BierCraft - Wesbrook Village (UBC), 3340 Shrum Lane, Vancouver, BC V6T 1W5, CanadaWe'll discuss the chatGPT bandwagon, and reflect how to use AI for social good instead of idolizing it.
- Jan 20, 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.Michael Smith Labs - Lecture Theatre, Room 102 - 2185 E Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4, CanadaDocumentary screening, panel discussion on the topic of ethical AI. Social to follow.
- Sat 10 Dec10SatDecChristmas Party/Family home near Burquitlam stationDec 10, 2022, 6:00 p.m.Family home near Burquitlam station, Coquitlam, BC V3J 0A3, CanadaPotluck, carolling, ginger bread competition, fun and games for the little ones. A good time will be had by all.
- Wed 23 Nov23WedNovGold Mass/St. Mark's Parish, UBCNov 23, 2022, 12:10 p.m.St. Mark's Parish, UBC, 5935 Iona Dr, Vancouver, BC V6T 2L4, CanadaAnnual Gold Mass for scientists and friends with reception to follow in Plato's Cave
- Oct 30, 2022, 3:25 p.m.Meet at St. Mark's, then walk to forest, 5935 Iona Dr, Vancouver, BC V6T 2L4, CanadaNature walk in Pacific Spirit Park led by local university instructor and mycologist.
- Sun 11 Sept11SunSeptAI Exhibit Group Outing/Vancouver Art GallerySept 11, 2022, 12:00 p.m.Vancouver Art Gallery, 750 Hornby St, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2H7, Canada"The Imitation Game: Visual Culture in the Age of Artificial Intelligence" exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery.
- Thu 21 Apr21ThuAprMovie night (at the theatre)/VancouverApr 21, 2022, 6:55 p.m.Vancouver, 88 W Pender St 3rd floor, Vancouver, BC V6B 6N9, CanadaFather Stu
- Thu 07 Apr07ThuAprMovie Night - Gattaca (1997)/Room 308, Corpus Christi CollegeApr 07, 2022, 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.Room 308, Corpus Christi College, 5935 Iona Dr, Vancouver, BC V6T 1J7, CanadaPizza night and discussion over the sci-fi dystopia Gattaca (1997)
- Thu 17 Mar17ThuMarFrom Evolution to Resurrection/Room 308, Corpus Christi CollegeMar 17, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.Room 308, Corpus Christi College, 5935 Iona Dr, Vancouver, BC V6T 1J7, CanadaJesus Christ, the True Origin of Humanity
- Feb 10, 2022, 4:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.ZoomFaith, Science, and the Common Good
- Thu 27 Jan27ThuJanHuman Sin and Modern Science/Room 308, Corpus Christi CollegeJan 27, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.Room 308, Corpus Christi College, 5935 Iona Dr, Vancouver, BC V6T 1J7, CanadaThe Tragic History of the Image of God
- Thu 13 Jan13ThuJanPanel/Zoom. ID: 688 4703 0437. PW: 988603Jan 13, 2022, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. PSTZoom. ID: 688 4703 0437. PW: 988603The vocation of a scientist and a life in Christ
bottom of page